- 1 What does the book of John teach us about God?
- 2 What was the main message John the Baptist preached?
- 3 What lessons can we learn from John the Baptist?
- 4 What does the 1st Letter of John tell us about God?
- 5 What are the 7 signs of Jesus?
- 6 Why the book of John is so important?
- 7 What is the message of Jesus?
- 8 What did Jesus say about John the Baptist?
- 9 How old was Jesus when he was baptized?
- 10 What are 3 things John the Baptist said?
- 11 What one thing did John the Baptist consistently do in his ministry?
- 12 What are the three letters of John in the Bible?
- 13 How many times does 1 John say God is love?
- 14 What does the First Letter of John say about love?
What does the book of John teach us about God?
Summary. The Gospel of John begins with a poetic hymn that tells the story of Jesus’s origin, mission, and function. John says that Jesus is the incarnated Word of God, bringing “grace and truth,” replacing the law given by Moses, and making God known in the world (1:17).
What was the main message John the Baptist preached?
His message was that God’s judgment on the world was imminent and that, to prepare for this judgment, the people should repent their sins, be baptized, and produce appropriate fruits of repentance.
What lessons can we learn from John the Baptist?
3 Ministry Don’ts: Lessons from the Life of John the Baptist
- Don’t think your ministry is indispensable. John was open about the temporary nature and influence of his ministry, “the One who is coming after me is more powerful than I.
- Don’t sweat your appearance.
- Don’t sugar-coat God’s Word.
What does the 1st Letter of John tell us about God?
The main themes of the epistle are love and fellowship with God. The author describes various tests by which readers may ascertain whether or not their communion with God is genuine, and teaches that the proof of spiritual regeneration is a life of active righteousness.
What are the 7 signs of Jesus?
The seven signs are:
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
Why the book of John is so important?
The Gospel of John is the latest-written of the four biographies of Jesus that have been preserved in the New Testament. The purpose of this gospel, as stated by John himself, is to show that Jesus of Nazareth was Christ, the Son of God, and that believers in him might have eternal life.
What is the message of Jesus?
He is believed to be the Jewish messiah who is prophesied in the Hebrew Bible, which is called the Old Testament in Christianity. It is believed that through his Crucifixion and subsequent Resurrection, God offered humans salvation and eternal life, that Jesus died to atone for sin to make humanity right with God.
What did Jesus say about John the Baptist?
Jesus said that John the Baptist was the greatest Prophet. He said that John’s mission had been prophesied in the scriptures. That John was a messenger/His forerunner. John lived in the wilderness.
How old was Jesus when he was baptized?
When Jesus “began to be about thirty years of age,” he went to be baptized of John at the river Jordan.
What are 3 things John the Baptist said?
John is described as wearing clothes of camel’s hair, living on locusts and wild honey. John proclaims baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sin, and says another will come after him who will not baptize with water, but with the Holy Spirit.
What one thing did John the Baptist consistently do in his ministry?
God worked through the ministry of John the Baptist to return many in Israel to the Lord (Luke 1:16). He preached repentance and selflessness, and many responded to his call.
What are the three letters of John in the Bible?
During the 2nd and 3rd centuries, only 1 John and 1 Peter were universally recognized. Although their order in the Bible has varied, the three Letters of John typically are the 23rd, 24th, and 25th books of the New Testament.
How many times does 1 John say God is love?
The entire passage found in 1 John 4:7-21 speaks of God’s loving nature. Love is not merely an attribute of God, it is part of his very makeup. God is not merely loving; at his core, he is love.
What does the First Letter of John say about love?
In this is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as expiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also must love one another. No one has ever seen God. Yet, if we love one another, God remains in us, and his love is brought to perfection in us.