- 1 How much do sterile processing techs make in Kentucky?
- 2 Where do sterile processing techs make the most money?
- 3 How much does a sterile processing assistant make?
- 4 What does a sterile processing tech do?
- 5 Is sterile processing a hard job?
- 6 Is the sterile processing exam hard?
- 7 Is a sterile processing tech a good job?
- 8 How long does it take to become a sterile process technician?
- 9 How much does a sterilization tech make?
How much do sterile processing techs make in Kentucky?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $67,132 and as low as $24,935, the majority of Sterile Processing Technician salaries currently range between $36,443 (25th percentile) to $53,705 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $62,816 annually in Kentucky.
Where do sterile processing techs make the most money?
Highest paying cities in United States for Sterile Processing Technicians
- Portland, OR. 14 salaries reported. $30.17. per hour.
- Atlanta, GA. 15 salaries reported. $27.30. per hour.
- Chicago, IL. 78 salaries reported. $26.96. per hour.
- Cleveland, OH. 20 salaries reported. $24.44. per hour.
- Dallas, TX. 26 salaries reported. $24.00. per hour.
How much does a sterile processing assistant make?
The average sterile processing assistant salary in the USA is $48,692 per year or $24.97 per hour. Entry level positions start at $37,118 per year while most experienced workers make up to $85,623 per year.
What does a sterile processing tech do?
Sterile processing technicians are a critical part of infection control in any hospital or clinical environment. They ensure surgical instruments and other medical equipment are properly cleaned, sterilized, inventoried, and maintained.
Is sterile processing a hard job?
If you enjoy hard work, a fast-paced environment, and working behind-the-scenes in a role that is vital to patient healthcare, a sterile processing technician may be the right career for you! (CBSPD) and International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM).
Is the sterile processing exam hard?
According to IAHCSMM, out of 8,289 CRCST exams taken in 2019, 77% passed the test. Get educated, study hard, and you’ll be in the best possible position to pass the exam and become certified.
Is a sterile processing tech a good job?
The time it takes to become a sterile processing technician is relatively short for a career in health care. You can make a good salary, often with excellent benefits without going into much educational debt. The medical field is growing very rapidly, and so jobs should continue to be in demand.
How long does it take to become a sterile process technician?
Steps to Becoming a Sterile Processing Technician Program lengths vary but they tend to require anywhere from ten weeks to two years, though most are between 4 to 8 months. Be sure the school is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
How much does a sterilization tech make?
The jobs requiring this license have increase by 58.33% since 2018. Sterile Processing Technicians with this license earn +35.13% more than the average base salary, which is $28.48 per hour.