- 1 What did John the Baptist say to the tax collectors?
- 2 What did John the Baptist teach about baptism?
- 3 What advice did John the Baptist give?
- 4 What did John the Baptist tell the soldiers and tax collectors?
- 5 What does Jesus say about tax collectors?
- 6 What name did John the Baptist baptize in?
- 7 What did Jesus say about John the Baptist?
- 8 Why was Jesus baptized by John?
- 9 How much older was John the Baptist than Jesus?
- 10 What was John’s main message?
- 11 What lessons can we learn from John the Baptist?
- 12 What advice did John the Baptist give to the groups who asked him what they should do?
- 13 What came down from heaven when Jesus was baptized?
- 14 What is the role of John the Baptist according to Luke?
What did John the Baptist say to the tax collectors?
John the Baptist instructs the tax collectors in Luke’s Gospel. Specifically, Luke 2:12-13 — “Some tax collectors came to be baptized, and they asked him, ‘Teacher, what are we to do?’ Pay, then, what you owe them; pay your personal and property taxes, and show respect and honor for them all.”
What did John the Baptist teach about baptism?
John proclaims baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sin, and says another will come after him who will not baptize with water, but with the Holy Spirit. Jesus comes to John, and is baptized by him in the river Jordan.
What advice did John the Baptist give?
He said, “ I baptise you with water for repentance, but one who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”
What did John the Baptist tell the soldiers and tax collectors?
“Don’t collect more than is legal,” he told them. Some soldiers also asked him, “What about us? What are we to do?” He said to them, “Don’t take money from anyone by force or accuse anyone falsely.
What does Jesus say about tax collectors?
Jesus said that it was the tax collector who went home justified before God. He concluded, “ Everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
What name did John the Baptist baptize in?
WHOSE NAME DID JOHN THE BAPTIST BAPTIZE INTO? Answer: NONE! It was called the “ BAPTISM OF REPENTANCE ” and pointed to Jesus Christ!
What did Jesus say about John the Baptist?
Jesus said that John the Baptist was the greatest Prophet. He said that John’s mission had been prophesied in the scriptures. That John was a messenger/His forerunner. John lived in the wilderness.
Why was Jesus baptized by John?
Why did Jesus get baptised? Jesus was God’s son, so he was sinless and there was no need for him to receive forgiveness. John tried to refuse to baptise Jesus saying that it was he, John, who should be baptised by Jesus. Jesus’ baptism was also an opportunity to show his authority as God confirmed he was his Son.
How much older was John the Baptist than Jesus?
So according to that story John the Baptist is six months older. The RC church celebrates the following. 25th of March the Annunciation to Mary, 24th of June the birth of St John the Baptist, 25th of December birth of Jesus. The Birth of St John is celebrated in the northern countries as the Midsummer celebration.
What was John’s main message?
The purpose of this gospel, as stated by John himself, is to show that Jesus of Nazareth was Christ, the Son of God, and that believers in him might have eternal life.
What lessons can we learn from John the Baptist?
3 Ministry Don’ts: Lessons from the Life of John the Baptist
- Don’t think your ministry is indispensable. John was open about the temporary nature and influence of his ministry, “the One who is coming after me is more powerful than I.
- Don’t sweat your appearance.
- Don’t sugar-coat God’s Word.
What advice did John the Baptist give to the groups who asked him what they should do?
“Teacher,” they asked, “what should we do?” 13 ” Don’t collect any more than you are required to,” he told them. 14 Then some soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?” He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely– be content with your pay.”
What came down from heaven when Jesus was baptized?
The story continues in Matthew 3:16-17: “As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.
What is the role of John the Baptist according to Luke?
He ushered people to the Messianic age. Jesus referred to John as the greatest of all the Israelite prophets (Luke 7:20 – 25). He foretold that the coming Messiah was greater than him.