- 1 When did St John Baptist de la Salle die?
- 2 What did St John Baptist de La Salle do?
- 3 What are the characteristics of St John Baptist de La Salle?
- 4 What was the most important subject for the students of St La Salle?
- 5 What is the leadership style of St John Baptist de La Salle?
- 6 What are the 5 core Lasallian principles?
- 7 How many De La Salle schools are there in the world?
- 8 How many De La Salle Brothers are there?
- 9 What is the Lasallian prayer?
- 10 What are the 3 Lasallian core values?
- 11 What is De La Salle University known for?
When did St John Baptist de la Salle die?
John Baptist de La Salle was born on April 30, 1651, in Rheims, France. The son of aristocratic parents, La Salle had the opportunity for an excellent education and went on to be ordained a priest. He fully intended to work among the wealthy people of his area throughout his career.
What did St John Baptist de La Salle do?
Saint Jean-Baptiste de La Salle, (born April 30, 1651, Reims, France—died April 7, 1719, Rouen; canonized 1900; feast day April 7), French educator and founder of the Brothers of the Christian Schools (sometimes called the de La Salle Brothers), the first Roman Catholic congregation of male nonclerics devoted solely to
What are the characteristics of St John Baptist de La Salle?
John Baptist de La Salle’s extradordinary journey and challenges as he devoted his life to his advocacy of providing quality education for all.
- Family. St.
- Vocation. He started his seminary years in 1670.
- A heart for the needy.
- The Heroic Vow.
- Hope for the hopeless.
- Patron of All Teachers.
What was the most important subject for the students of St La Salle?
The lack of education of the working class and the poor became a concern for La Salle. It was this sector of the population that would receive his full attention. La Salle’s primary interest was the education of male teachers, who would later be employed as teachers of working class and poor boys.
What is the leadership style of St John Baptist de La Salle?
De La Salle’s leadership was characterised by his vision, listening, and community building. These features of his leadership are central, intrinsic and crucial to the success of 21st century school leaders. Like all of us in schools today, de La Salle’s leadership faced many challenges.
What are the 5 core Lasallian principles?
THE FIVE CORE LASALLIAN PRINCIPLES
- Faith in the Presence of God. The Lasallian school nurtures belief in the living presence of God in our world.
- Concern for the Poor and Social Justice.
- Respect for All Persons.
- Quality Education.
- Inclusive Community.
How many De La Salle schools are there in the world?
La Salle is present in over 77 countries with schools and universities. We are a global organisation with over 300 years of history and a mission to educate children and young people. The Institution is present in over 77 countries and has 1,000 schools and 60 university centres.
How many De La Salle Brothers are there?
Today, about 5,000 Brothers and over 80,000 lay associates come together to uphold the Lasallian mission. They educate approximately one million students in 82 countries every year.
What is the Lasallian prayer?
– Prayer of a Lasallian Father in heaven, God of love, all I have and am is yours. Grant that I may become a living sign of your compassion in this world. Grant me the faith to live my life, always in the awareness of your loving presence.
What are the 3 Lasallian core values?
Each of these statements builds on three values which are fundamental to Lasallian identity: the spirit of faith, zeal for service, and communion in mission.
What is De La Salle University known for?
De La Salle University positions itself as a learner-centered and research institution of higher learning, building the foundation of tomorrow’s leaders. It is renowned for its academic excellence, groundbreaking research, and empowering community engagement.